Sunday, April 30, 2017

1864 blog-Valeria-Lawrence-letter home

Dear sister,
As soon as you read this, send me a letter. I think I say this before but I'm afraid for the graybacks , I think now we screwed up. I don't know if this is the end of our confederacy journy. I've worked incredibely hard to make sure that our soldiers stay together ragardless if  I'm a plain ol’ seamen. I think that the federales have stepped up on their game and now they have practiced drills. They have this fancy, massively bad general sherman, who doesn't care about Lee’s plans. I understand the fact that we're opponents but atleast hear us out! I'm panickeing, that guy litteraly burned down Atlanta. Do you know what Atlanta is to us?? Do you ? Atlanta is the only manufacturing center in this war for us dixies! Without that beautiful city we wouldn't have the musket rifles or Minny balls. Without Artillery, do you think that we can go on? Look I'm sorry if I'm yelling, I don't know how to express my feelings. To top it off, they're scaring the Georgians , you do remember who lives their right? Aunt Sarah, our favarite!! Sherman is too much, he's messing everything up. And I Lawrence Simmonds will not let this slide. If I have to do somthing to that generel, I will. We don't have good weapons, we now have to start off by scratch. I'm stressed because we're from the south and we mainly focus on agriculture than industry, it's going to take a while. The tables have turned and even though the butternuts were winning, now it's the federals turn.
I'll write you as soon as our artillery gets better (if it does)
I lav you so much, you meen a lat to meh
your brother Lawrence S

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...