Sunday, April 9, 2017

Alvin Busic diarey entrie - July 21, 1861

Dear diarie,
Today we had a real hard battle near Manasses. We won, so that was actualy pretty cool. I'm sure glad us Confederates won this here battle. I miss y'all very much, and some of my boys in our infantry have caught that dysentry nonsense. They say it is very bad and they may die, so I hope they will be alright. As for me, the rest of us have been foraging for sum good food to eat, as we must save our precious rations. Sum dum yanks decided to have them a picnic, but we ran em off and ate all there food. It was quite tasty. I certainly hope this here war will end soon, as I miss everyone dearly. Best wishes,
Alvin

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...