Thursday, April 20, 2017

James Brooks 1862 - Sydney

Dear Father,
The battle of Sharpsburg was a failure. The union claims they won the battle but not in our minds. I wasn't in the battle but I could definitely hear it. The sounds of attacks was pretty hard to ignore. Our battle strategy was ruined by general Mcllelan and we couldn't go through with our plans and new tactics. We lost many recruits in the battle I'm worried about if they're going to need me to fight next, the last battle went well but I'm worried the next one I fight will leave me injured. I hope everything at home is working out, and please tell Amelia that I miss her dearly. How is the farm are we making any progress, I know that when I left we were at a little bit of a money loss but father when I'm back from the war, we can get more slave work and plant more corn and cotten this season.
Sincerely,
Your son James

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...