Monday, April 24, 2017

Blog 1863- Valeria- Lawrence Simonds

Dear sistar,
I write you from the depest part of my hart. I know that I'm not the type to seem bitter or be a sore loser. But I have to tell you, I'm hurt, I've never felt like this before. I'm starting to worry that maybe Abraham Lincoln will let negros be free, I'm mad as well. Maybe if these blacks are free I'll never set out my plan to attack and destroy them.  
I’m afraid that just because the butternuts have been defeated the battle of Gettysburg that the      Billy Yanks will think that we have surrendered, I don’t want them thnking we are minorities. I’m furious, I can’t think straight, all of these thoughts of negros in our communtiy makes me want to assassinate  all of the Maine regiment members , I’m not going to lie,their idea was genius as well as top notch.
All our precious Lee wanted was to grow some victory in the north, is that so much to ask for? On our first day of battle, there’s three, the union ended up having the high ground, it’s totally upsetting but I can’t carry a lot of  rifled muskets , I wish I could. On the second day, woah, it was terrible. Can you believe that there was 37,000 casualties? The sad part is that there isn’t enough Johnny Rebs to help. The last day, Pickett’s charge was Lee’s greatest defeat, it's sad but i can’t do much for it..
To top it off, Gettysburg was a union victory, and because they won, they’ll probably think that they can win anything. We’ll just have to wait to see who’s the real daddy here
I lav you so much
Ya brother Lawrence Simonds the coolest seamen alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...