Monday, May 1, 2017

James Brooks 1864 - Sydney Donelson

Dear Dad,
It feels like I've been in this war for my whole life. Fighting and training and drills are getting very tiring and I'm hoping we can end this. Please write back to me as soon as possible. I am very worried about you and Amelia, the union destroyed so much of our needed land that I'm afraid they will attack our home. The march caused our officers so much stress. Altlantas defeat was a travesty, our chance of winning is hard for me to imagine at this time in the war. All of our factories and manufacturing was in Atlanta and our trading and sales are going down as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...