Sunday, May 14, 2017

James Brooks 1865 - Sydney Donelson

Dear diary,
The war was fought well, even though we didn't win. I have to say I am very upset with the outcome. This war went the opposite of what I had hoped, I will not be able to supply for Amelia she'll never marry someone broke, a few slaves were the thing keeping be out of being broke now no one can have slaves! I'm glad Lincoln was killed, I never had an opinion on him or worried to much about him until now and he has taken my chance at wealth! What will my father say about this he will be very outraged when i return home, I know he has lived his whole life with slaves and it will be different for him. Wish me luck diary, that my farming won't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...