Monday, May 15, 2017

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling but it's a mixture of defeat and devastation why you might ask well well the big bad news are that we've lost this war after years of combat and pure determination we landed ourselves in regret and embarrassment, now we must go back to the nation we were fighting against and things will just not be the same. Losing the war doesn't hurt me as much as the losses of all those lives who were taken throughout this war.I saw death day and night and those memories will haunt me mostly because the purpose for which they gave their life to was never fulfilled. Now those lonely days with small rations of hardtack and salt pork the weapons and tactics used are no longer useful, the infantry marches but not with determination to the upcoming battle but to relinquish the weapons and promise not to uprise again.
In the end I'm thankful for years my life was at risk of escaping from my hands but luckily I was one of the not many who survived. With me I'll carry the good memories of those who lost their lives for what we thought was right.
The journey home is long but soon I'll be home, the only thing that keeps me going is that I will finally be back at home with you my dearest wife and the kids who I've missed dearly.

Expect me soon- flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

last blog post-heydi

Dear ivarene,  the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We've come to the end of this horrific war. I don't know ...